How I Asked My Bridesmaids

One of the most fun parts of wedding planning thus far was asking some of my sweet friends to stand next to me on my big day. I wanted to come up with a creative and cute way to ask them all, so I headed to Pinterest for some ideas. In the end, I combined a few different projects. 

The first thing I did was head to Hobby Lobby (any craft store would do) to pick up some cardboard boxes, paint, glitter, modge podge, and scrapbook paper. I painted each box a shimmery nude color, let them dry, and then wrote out the letter of each maid's first name on the front. I used a paint brush to apply modge podge to the letter and filled the area in with gold glitter. After one coat of glitter, I used the paint brush once again to apply a top layer of modge podge so that the glitter wouldn't be messy.

I also wrote each maid a letter that outlined memories and funny things that reflected on our relationship. The end of each letter asked, "Will you be my Bridesmaid?". This was so fun to do because it really made me think about why I chose each and every one of them to be a part of my wedding. I printed these letters in a Calligraphy font on pink card stock to dress them up a bit.

I filled the boxes with gold paper shred, chocolate (my favorite...), Essie's "Meet Me At The Altar", and a pair of heart shaped earrings. I also placed the letter on top to finish it off. 

It was so fun to see all of their faces when they opened the boxes and read their letters. I am really happy that I did something so personal and gave them a little "gift" as a thank you for all they'll be doing for me. 

P.S. Only a few of my pretty maids are pictured, I didn't seem to snag a photo of all of them! There are 8 in total though, a large and super fun group of gals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment